Friday, December 19, 2008

Rethinking WALL-E

Not so long ago, I finished rewatching WALL-E. Feeling inspired, I googled (is that a word?)
"Andrew Stanton" and came to an interview with him and Christianity Today.
If you remember earlier this year (July), when WALL-E actually came out,
I wrote a short review and a subsequent post (can't find it right now) on it's disappointing message (based off of a LewRockwell article that was incorrect in it's analysis of WALL-E's messages).
After reading the interview, my view of the movie has changed rapidly (is several minutes too fast?) and I respect Andrew Stanton for creatively finding ways to heavily intersperse his movies with themes that are emphatically Christian.

And yes, I am a HUGE fan of Pixar, if you haven't already noticed. ^_^

'Night.

~Bradley

0 comments:

Post a Comment